You are invited and encouraged by Zion Lutheran Church to sign up for “Distribution of Holy Communion” on Sunday, November 29, from 10:45 a.m. -12:00 p.m. (with the last group entering at 11:45 a.m.).
To view the online sign-up sheet and to reserve your element setting, please click on the link below. Or you may call Zion’s office (715-735-7898) and ask for assistance in reserving your element setting.
TO ENSURE THAT EVERYONE STAYS HEALTHY AND SAFE PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE UPDATED PROTOCOLS FOR DISTRIBUTION OF HOLY COMMUNION THAT ARE BELOW.
Distribution will be “No Contact”. We have 5 tables for each time slot with a maximum of 4 people per table from the same household. Tables can be filled with an individual, a couple or family groups. If your family/household has more than four members, please sign up for more than one table. When signing up you will be required to answer “Which do you need? Wine, grape juice, bread, gluten free or a chair?”. It is of utmost importance that you inform us of what you need (wine, bread, grape juice, gluten-free wafers or a chair). (Chairs have been added so that we can control one time use only.) You will not be able to sign up unless you include your answer in the space provided.
Please do not come if:
- You have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- You have been in contact with someone who has been tested but has not yet received their COVID-19 test result.
- You have tested positive for COVID-19.
- You are waiting for your COVID-19 test result.
- You are not feeling well.
When arriving for Holy Communion:
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your reserved element setting time (we will have chairs available for those who need one).
- Social distancing and masks are required (masks, of course, will be removed during the consumption of the elements).
- The service will last about 5 minutes.
- While waiting for your turn, please be sure to practice physical distancing by keeping yourself at least 6 feet away from other members of Zion (the exception being members of your immediate household).
- An usher will greet you at the main entrance and will guide your entry.
- Exit will be out the north (office hallway) door.
- All doors will be open for no contact entrance and exiting.
- Windows will be open and exhaust fans will be on for optimum ventilation.
- All tables will be sanitized before/after each table is prepared for the next group.
- Chairs will be one time use only.
- Blessing of our young members who have not received First Communion instruction will be done from a distance of no less than 6 feet.
If at any time you feel this procedure exceeds your comfort level for safety, but you still wish to receive Holy Communion, please contact Pastor Keith. Obviously, safety for all is our primary concern. Patience and graciousness are always welcome as we continue to experiment with this new form of worship. As always, if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns please send an email to: email@example.com or call Zion’s office.